Clare people are very friendly and welcoming to visitors. The county is quite commercialized with regard to tourists and there are numerous activities within its borders to cater for all tastes. A visitor could easily spend two weeks in the county without feeling that they have run out of things to do or see. Because Shannon Airport, the second airport of Ireland and the first stopover for transatlantic flights, is situated in the county, Clare gets many tourists and sometimes this means places can be crowded.
Shannon airport is also used as a stopover for US troops going to and coming from tour of duties in Iraq. It has been subject to some anti-war protests in recent times, with crowds gathering at strategic points around the airport.
Sightseeing, partying or a spot of shopping in Kilkenny's array of excellent shops, this city is certain to have it all for everyone.
Things to see
- The Cliffs of Moher and Doolin village
- Cliffs and rock formations all along the coast
- Craggaunowen castle, Bronze Age village, ring fort and "Brendan´s Boat"
- 'Ailwee Caves' situated in the Burren region. Co-located Birds of Prey Centre
- 'Burren Caherconnell Stone Fort' an ancient Celtic ringfort in the heart of the Burren
We have a wide network of 3 and 4 star partner hotels in Ireland and we strive to deliver affordable hotel deals to suit you. With our in-depth experience and expertise of the Irish hotel market, we know the finest hotels in Ireland, we know about the hidden gems and we know the best hotel deals we aim to deliver these to you the customer on a consistent basis.